When you’re putting the final touches on your Fourth of July barbecue this weekend, don’t forget the dessert! These festive Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are so good, they might not make it out to the picnic table:
This simple, no-bake recipe comes from PBS Kitchen Explorers and takes about 10 minutes to make. Get ready, the creamy filling is so sinfully delicious, you will want to lick the bowl clean.
Here’s the recipe for Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries:
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest (optional)
- Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut side down.
- Cut a deep “X” from the tip down being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Gently open up the strawberry. Set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla (and optional lemon zest) until nice and fluffy.
- Pipe the filling into each strawberry using a pastry bag or a zip top bag with a pasty piping tip. You may also cut the end of a zip top bag to make a free form pastry bag and tip as well.
- Top each filled strawberry with a blueberry.
- Chill the strawberries for at least an hour before serving.