I’ve said it before, I love a simple recipe that’s full of flavor. This recipe has been on my list for a while and one bite made it a new favorite. Now that the ingredients are in my pantry, I expect Sriracha Soy Sauce Over Egg Noodles to be one of my go-to dinners:
Made in less than 30 minutes, Vegetarian Times is right, this simple sauce is delicious and would work great for dumplings, stir-fry or tofu. The recipe makes far more than you need for one batch of noodles, so you’ll have sauce on hand for the whole week. Here is Vegetarian Time’s recipe:
• ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 3 Tbs toasted sesame oil
• 2 Tbs maple syrup
• 2 Tbs Sriracha chile-garlic sauce
• 2 Tbs rice vinegar
• 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
• 8 oz. thin egg noodles
• 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
• 6 green onions, finely chopped
• 3 Tbs black sesame seeds (I used regular sesame seeds)
1. To make Sauce: whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
2. To make Noodles: Cook egg noodles according to package directions, and drain. Toss egg noodles with grated carrot, green onions, and 5 Tbs Sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serves 4.
This sounds so simple and so good, Heidi!
It is! Give it a try and let me know what you think! 🙂
I’m going to try it – only with honey substituted for the maple syrup.
Sounds like a great idea!