Did you know that it’s easy to make donuts at home? I recently figured this out and have been baking them ever since! This batch of Spiced Pumpkin Donuts was a huge hit on a recent Girl’s Weekend:
Making these tasty Spiced Pumpkin Donuts is easy; pick up a set of donut baking pans at your local craft store, baking supply shop, or from Amazon and you’re ready to go! If you don’t have your heart set on the round donut shape, you can also make this recipe using muffin pans.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (see notes)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
Ingredients for spiced sugar coating:
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two donut pans (or use one pan and bake two batches).
- Combine all ingredients except for the flour and beat until smooth.
- Add flour, stir until combined but do not overmix or your donuts will be tough.
- Pour dough into prepared baking pans and bake for 15-20 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Cool donuts in the pan for 5 minutes so they loosen from the pan and then remove to a wire rack.
- While donuts are cooling slightly, mix your spiced sugar coating in a plastic bag. When donuts are still warm but less fragile, coat with spiced sugar coating.
Makes 12 donuts.
If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, substitute 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus a heaping 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.