This week I had a craving for fried rice and after trying this easy recipe, I might be eating it every day. A delicious way to use up odds and ends in your refrigerator, this fried rice recipe comes together fast and creates a satisfying meal.
Oh-So-Easy Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 cup of your favorite veggies, I used 3 carrots and 1/2 a bok choy
- 2 eggs
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 TBS coconut oil (vegetable or peanut oil can be substituted)
- 1-1/2 – 2 cups of cooked rice
- Peel and slice carrots into matchsticks, slice the bok choy into 1/4 inch pieces widthwise.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat with coconut oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, add veggies to the pan. Stir from time to time and season with salt and pepper. Cooking until tender and brightly colored, approximately 5 minutes. Remove veggies and set aside in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the eggs.
- Using the same pan over medium-high heat, add 1/2 TBS of oil. Add eggs and tilt the pan to distribute them evenly. After they set, break eggs into clumps and remove from heat, set aside in small bowl.
- Return pan to medium-high heat and add remaining oil. Add rice and stir to coat. Continue cooking for 3 minutes, until rice is evenly coated and warmed through. Return eggs and veggies to the pan until heated.
Serve immediately! This recipe makes 2 servings. Considering serving with roasted chicken or tofu steaks, it can also be topped with cilantro, toasted sesame seeds, peanuts or cashews.