For those of you trying to reduce the refined sugar in your diets, this is the recipe for you! Straight from the test kitchen of the Best-Good Friend, she whipped up a batch of these No-Bake Brownies last weekend and gave them two thumbs up. Not only are these little bites gluten-free and vegan – and they’re also ready in 10 minutes!
This recipe comes from Making Thyme for Health. On her post, she includes instructions with photos as well as a tempting variation including hemp seeds and shredded coconuts. Check out her blog for more vegetarian recipes that will keep you feeling energized!
HEALTHY NO-BAKE BROWNIE BITES
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Mejdool Dates, pitted (about 11)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted refined coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place walnuts in a food processor, blend on high until finely ground. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) and pulse until a uniform dough has formed.
- Place dough in a medium size bowl along with chocolate chips and mix together with your hands. Roll one heaping tablespoon of dough into balls. Refrigerate for at least thirty minutes before serving. (refrigeration isn’t necessary but it helps them solidify)
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to one week.
Total Time, 10 minutes. Yields 15 bites.