Day One: Gingerbread Cookies Bars
These bars are ready in a snap and will be gone before you know it! This recipe comes from the cookbook 12 Days of Christmas with Six Sisters’ Stuff by Six Sisters Stuff. Need a last minute gift idea? Wrap a few of these bars up and give them with the cookbook!
Here’s their recipe for Gingerbread Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and molasses.
- Add the egg and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add baking soda, flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt and mix until well combined. Spread dough evenly into the greased pan, pressing all the way to the edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (Do not overcook). Remove& let cool.
- Mix butter and cream cheese together in a large mixing bowl (I use my stand mixer). Add vanilla.
- While mixing, gradually add in powdered sugar. Mix until creamy & well-combined.
- Once the bars have cooled, frost the tops. Garnish with holiday sprinkles or a pinch of cinnamon.
- Cut into squares and serve.